Fill out application and read The Range Rules and Procedures
Warner Mountain Gun Club
P.O. Box 65 Lakeview, OR 97630
Club By-Laws may be reviewed on the Club’s web page.
Like us on Facebook
This is a members-only facility. Members are allowed to accompany family and guests to the range provided they assume responsibility for them and ensure that all range rules and procedures are followed.
Basic Rules of Firearms Safety
–Always handle every gun as if it were loaded.
–Be sure of your target and backstop.
–Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
–Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you are willing and justified to shoot.
Eye and Ear Protection is Required Whenever Firing is in Progress
Agreement, Waiver, and Release
Warner Mountain Gun Club
I agree and acknowledge by my signature and my participation, or presence at any of the various activities set forth below conducted at The Norm May Rifle and Pistol Range either individually or as part of a group that:
- Watching, engaging in, or presence at any activities at the Range as a spectator or otherwise constitutes my involvement in a potentially hazardous activity with accompanying risks of personal injury including death, and loss or damage to personal property, and I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THOSE RISKS; and
- I or anyone acting on my behalf, will hold harmless jointly and severally, the members, officers, agents, and employees of The Norm May Rifle and Pistol Range and Warner Mountain Gun Club for any claim that I may have arising out of my participation in or attendance at any such activities; and
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to fully understand and comply with all safety rules that apply to activities I am present for or participating in. To the best knowledge the equipment and any accessories that I will be using are in safe and useable condition.
- I may legally possess firearms and that I will not participate in any illegal activities during my visit to The Norm May Rifle and Pistol Range.
- I acknowledge that no minor or incapacitated person may participate in any activity or be present at any activity conducted on the premises without the parent or guardian of the minor or incapacitated person having first executed the Agreement, Waiver, and Release on the minor or protected person’s behalf.
Warner Mountain Gun Club Range Rules and Procedures
firstname.lastname@example.org Like us on Facebook warnermountaingunclub.org
The person who signs the application is the Member. There are no ‘family’ memberships.
The club member is responsible for supervising all family members and guests when at the Range and ensuring that all rules are followed and must be present with them at all times.
Your membership card is proof of club membership, not your key.
Keep your card with you while on the Range, you may be asked to show it. Do not lend your key to anyone. It must remain in your possession. $20.00 fee for replacement key.
All posted safety rules and commands must be followed completely. Consequences for violation of Club Rules may include loss of membership.
No alcohol/drugs are allowed on the property. No person under the influence of alcohol/drugs is permitted to handle firearms on the range.
Steel jacketed, steel-cored (green tip) or tracer ammo is strictly forbidden. ‘If in doubt, check it out’ on one of two magnets located on the range building. Only approved targets are allowed on the range. NO GLASS, PLASTIC, OR GARBAGE. No shooting cinder blocks, rocks or destroying target frames.
Clean up after yourself. Don’t leave targets or trash behind. Trash cans are provided for your use. Good Rule of Thumb…Leave a place cleaner than you found it.
Members are responsible for keeping the gate closed and locked when entering and/or exiting the range.
Individuals that do not follow the club or range rules should be reported. Names, descriptions and/or vehicle license numbers are helpful. Any criminal violations, such as vandalism, occurring at the range should be reported to the Sheriff’s Office. See something… say something! Warnermountaingunclub@gmail.com
Emergency call 9-1-1. Non-emergency call Dispatch @ 541-947-2504.
The Range will be closed to all shooting after 12:00 noon on days when the fire danger reaches “Red Flag” status.
Firearms are only to be loaded when pointed down range and the range is cleared for firing.
Anytime anyone is down range all weapons must be unloaded, with actions open, and not handled until everyone has returned to the firing line.
Eye and ear protection are required, for everyone present, when any firing is in progress.
To go down range to check or post targets:
Call a cease fire.
All firearms must be unloaded and cleared.
NO firearms handling during the cease fire.
Everyone must stand behind the red line behind the benches.
The line is then clear to go down range.
Before firing resumes, check to see that everyone is back from down range
Monthly Business Meeting: 1st Wednesday of each month. 6:00 pm @ Jerry’s Restaurant